May. 21, 2019
HERE'S WHAT I THINK...
I use affirmations to help me think positive thoughts! I believe that the Law of Attraction is at work in our lives--whether we realize it or not--and whether we want it or not. It is always at work, just like the Law of Gravity is always at work in our world. We are creators of our lives through the thoughts that we think and through our beliefs, which are just thoughts that we habitually think.
When I realize that there are things in my life that I don't like, I look at the thoughts I have been thinking and the beliefs I hold. I trust Louise Hay's advice that "It's only a thought, and thoughts can be changed." I trust Dr. Wayne Dyer's advice to "Change Your Thoughts--Change Your Life." And I trust Mike Dooley's advice that "Thoughts become things, choose the good ones!"
Esther and Jerry Hicks write in The Law of Attraction that "nothing merely shows up in your experience. You attract it--all of it. No exceptions. Because the Law of Attraction is responding to the thoughts that you hold at all times, it is accurate to say that you are creating your own reality."
Affirmation cards are, for me, an easy and effective way to help me keep my thoughts positive and therefore help me create joyful experiences. Here are some affirmation card decks that I find helpful:
- "Power Thought Cards" by Louise Hay
- "Heart Thoughts" by Louise Hay
- "Well-Being Cards" by Esther and Jerry Hicks
- "My Daily Affirmations Cards" by Cheryl Richardson
Here are samples of the "Well-Being Cards:"
- "When I appreciate, I feel so very good. Appreciation is the secret to life. Become a person who appreciates, and you will thrive; you will fulfill your reason for being."
- "My happiness is my greatest gift to others. Selfishly seek joy, because your joy is the greatest gift you can give to anyone. Unless you are in your joy, you have nothing to give anyway."
- "My future isn't about my past. Life is only about NOW. Nothing that has ever happened has anything to do with now, unless, in my now, I continue to think and speak about it. Fresh new thoughts today will always give me a fresh new experience."
That's my Two Cents for today!
Sending positive vibes your way,
"Worrying is using your imagination to create something you don’t want."